This tasty dish makes a great meal on its own, or can be served as a side dish.
Serves: 3 people as a main course or 6 as a side dish
Cooking time: 5 minutes to prepare, 25 minutes to cook
- 3 red peppers, cut into halves.
- 100g cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 150g halloumi cheese, grated.
- 100g chorizo, thinkly sliced or diced
- Mix together the ingredients into a bowl and season.
- Take the red pepper halves and use a spoon to generously stuff them with the mixture
- Place the stuffed peppers in an ovenproof dish
- Bake in an oven at 200C for 25 minutes
Wood fired oven cooking notes:
These peppers are ideally cooked after you’ve fired up the oven to full temperature and then allowed it to settle at 200C; I often cook them with the half ‘n half pittas which I do first on the oven at high temperature and then put aside to keep warm. This is a fairly forgiving dish and a bit longer might just char the peppers a little more which will be tasty!